Let Us Share in Your Special Day!
God created marriage to be the loving coming together of a man and woman for the rest of their lives. Harmony-Zelienople United Methodist Church would be honored to perform your wedding ceremony in our sanctuary, which is perfect for weddings! It:
- Is located on ground level (no steps)
- Has its own parking lot
- Is air-conditioned
- Has a long center aisle (5 feet wide and 42 feet in length)
- Seats a maximum of 350 people
- Has a very wide chancel area which can accommodate as many bridesmaids/groomsmen as you desire
- Has a state-of-the-art sound system and video projection, if needed
- Has a variety of lighting options
- Has a separate air-conditioned bridal preparation room, with attached bathroom
There are only four requirements to being married at Harmony-Zelienople UMC:
- HZUMC only performs weddings between a man and a woman
- A pre-marital counseling session with Pastor Dan Owen, which in most cases is a one-hour session, and will include going over the basic flow of the wedding ceremony, answering any of your questions, identifying the bride and groom’s “love language” and exploring how to “speak” the other’s language. (This concept is based on the book “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman.) Pastor Dan reserves the right to require more than one pre-marital session if the need arises. Any couple may request additional pre-marital counseling sessions if they desire.
- After pre-marital counseling is completed, giving a non-refundable $300 deposit will secure your wedding date on our church calendar. The total cost to be married in our sanctuary will be:
- $400 for a church member (if at least one person is a member of our church – the bride or groom, or their parents. or their grandparents)
- $500 for non-members
- Paying the balance of your total wedding cost and bringing your wedding license to the church office at least one week before your wedding day. Church office hours are 9:00am to 3:30pm, Monday thru Friday.
If you would like to have your wedding reception in our fellowship hall, that is completely possible but will involve additional fees. Sorry, but (as you might guess of a church) we don’t allow alcohol anywhere in our building or grounds.
To talk with our church secretary, or to arrange to have a tour of our church, and/or to meet with our Pastor, please call the church at (724) 452-7670, or email us at email@example.com.
Let us help make your special day great!